Our SENDCo is Miss Sophie Rouse

For all SEND queries, please email the school office at who will forward this on to Mrs Watts. Thank you.

What should you do if you think your child needs extra support?

If you think your child may have a special educational need that has not been identified, you should talk to the SENCo or class teacher straightaway.

You will be able to talk over your concerns and find out what the school thinks. The SENCo will be able to explain what happens next. Working together with your child’s teachers will often help to sort out worries and problems. The closer you work with your child’s teachers, the more
successful any help for your child can be.

You might like to ask if:

  • the school thinks your child has difficulties;
  • the school thinks your child has special educational needs;
  • your child is able to work at the same level as other children of a similar age;
  • your child is already getting some extra help;
  • you can help your child.

We will consult parents about all the decisions that affect their child. If you, as a parent have concerns or worries at any time, you should share them with your child’s teachers or head teacher or any other professional working with your child.

Parents will be made fully aware of the planned support and interventions and, where appropriate, plans will seek parental involvement to reinforce or contribute to progress at home. Parents will also be involved in reviews of support provided to their child and have clear information about the impact of the support and interventions, enabling them to be involved in planning next steps.

SEND Information Report

Useful Links

SEN Local Offer

The Local Offer is a description of all the services available to support disabled children and children with SEN and their families. This information should set out what is normally available in schools to help children with SEN as well as highlighting what support is available for families who need additional help to support children with more complex needs.

Derbyshire Local Offer