Here at Christ the King Catholic Voluntary Academy, we have a very active and enthusiastic Chaplaincy Team.
Our Chaplaincy Team work hard to help develop the Catholic life of our school. We aim to share the love of Jesus with everyone we meet and we encourage others to do the same. At Christ the King, we are always thinking of ways in which we can ‘Make a Difference’ to the lives of others.
Our KS2 children have the opportunity to serve the school as part of the Chaplaincy Team. Anyone can apply and members are commissioned during a special assembly when they receive their Chaplaincy Team badge and contract.
The Chaplaincy team play a vital role in the Spiritual life of the school and are supported by our Chaplain, Joe, RE Governor Mrs Kelly, RE Lead Mrs Garside and Teaching Assistant Mrs Pawelski.
- To help the school to grow as a community of faith.
- To encourage the pupils to live their faith in daily living.
- To support Liturgy, prayer and the spiritual life of the school.
- To involve pupils in fundraising for charities.
- To support the school in its Mission Statement.
- Helping to plan and lead liturgies, assemblies and Masses.
- Organising and leading class liturgies with other pupils.
- Lead lunchtime prayer opportunities throughout the year eg: Rosary, Prayer Garden, Stations of the Cross.
- Ensuring that Class prayer areas are tidy and reflect the liturgical season.
- Organising fund-raising events for charity.
- Supporting younger children with their spiritual development.